Link to apply: http://www.indeed.com/job/strategic-communications-manager-8857adbd76e6c832
Responsible to develop and lead communications strategies and initiatives that help the company meet its goals and enhance the company’s reputation. Successful implementation of these responsibilities will result in sustained and significantly improved public relations and public image for company.
- Manage the development, planning, implementation and delivery of communications as part of a strategic and integrated program that enhances corporate reputation and enables attainment of company goals.
- Motivate and inform company employees through effective management, planning, implementation, and delivery of employee communications.
- Develop effective corporate messaging based on a thorough understanding of business operations and goals, and consistently use this messaging across all platforms to advance the interest of the company.
- Manage relationships with the news media and perform excellent media relations activities to minimize the impact of negative news and enhance the impact of positive news.
- Serve as a corporate spokesperson.
- Manage specific projects, closely collaborating with others throughout the company, to effectively deliver communications on time and on budget.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with senior executives, company management, colleagues and employees to improve internal and external communications on behalf of the company.
- Be a superb writer, both fast and accurate, and be able to apply that skill multiple mediums, including publications, Internet, advertising, social media and others.
- Utilize excellent presentation skills, and be able to persuade, and to diplomatically disagree, when necessary, to advance the company’s public relations interests.
- Be prepared to prove your writing and communications planning skills in a pre-employment test.
- Be comfortable with social and electronic media and be able to use it in effective ways to enhance company communications.
- Serve on the emergency on-call rotation, and be prepared to manage and support crisis communications activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or relevant field.
- Five plus years work in print or electronic news media or equivalent.
- Five plus years of experience in public relations at the corporate level.
- Advanced proficiency in personal computing skills.
- Working knowledge of web and social media skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a tea, with a strong focus on constructive culture and appropriate behaviors.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and oral communications skills.